Rahul Dravid is known as the wall of Indian Cricket Team. Whenever in ther times of crisis, he has always stood up of team India and have taken the team to the winning situations.
Here are the achievements of Rahul Dravid in the feild of Test Cricket.
- Dravid holds the world record for being the first and only non-wicketkeeper to take 200 catches in Test cricket.
- Dravid was the 2nd cricketer to cross 13,000 test runs mark.
- He has been involved in most century partnerships in Test history with 85 partnerships.
- He scored nearly 23% of the total runs put up by India in the 21 Test matches won under Ganguly's captaincy.
- He is the only player to score a century against every Test playing nation away from home.
- He was involved in the highest partnership made away from home for any wicket for India, with Vice-captainVirenderSehwag of 410 runs vs Pakistan at Lahore in 2006. Only Pankaj Roy and VinooMankad have scored more runs in a partnership for India, 413.
- Dravid is one among the only three batsmen in the world to hit Test century in four consecutive test innings. The other two are Jack Fingleton and Alan Melville.(Dravid achieved this by hitting scores of 115, 148, 217 and 100* in three successive test matches against England and one against the West Indies. Only Everton Weekes, with centuries in five consecutive innings, has achieved a longer sequence of consecutive Test hundreds).
- With score of 50 or more in 7 consecutive Tests,Dravid is behind only to Tendulkar (8) and Gambhir (11) among Indian batsmen in number of half-centuries scored in consecutive test matches. Gambhir and Viv Richards hold the world record with 11.
- He issecond among batsmen who have scored most away runs in Tests (6430). Only Sachin Tendulkar (7165) has scored more away Test runs.
- He has played 150 innings of 94 tests. He has scored more than 8000 runs at this position. Both are world records.
- He was the second Indian batsman to score twin hundreds twice in a Test, after Sunil Gavaskar. Gavaskar and Ponting are the only batsmen in the world to score twin hundreds in a Test thrice.
- He one among the only three Indians to score 5 double hundreds.
- Along with VirenderSehwag and Sachin Tendulkar, he is one of the only three Indians to score 190+ on seven occasions.
- Partnering with Tendulkar, he has scored more runs than any other pair, excluding opening pairs. They are the 3rd best in terms of total number of partnership runs scored by a pair in test cricket.
- Dravid has faced the highest number of deliveries in test cricket (31258).
- He has scored the second highest number of fifties in test cricket (63).
- Dravid is the third batsman in the world after Sachin Tendulkar and RickyPonting to reach the 12000-runs in test cricket.