We all know, how great captain Sourav Ganguly has been for the Indian cricket team and has contributed a lot to Indian Cricket.
Here are some of his achievements.
1. Ganguly was the highest ODI run-scorer in a calendar year in 1997, 1999 and 2000.
2. He is the seventh Indian cricketer to have appeared in 100 Test matches.
3. He is the 6th highest overall run scorer for India in Tests.
4. Ganguly is the second among Indians after Sachin and eighth in the world in terms of overall runs scored in ODIs.
5. Ganguly has 22 centuries in ODIs
6. Gangulyformed the most successful opening pair in one-day international cricket along with Sachin Tendulkar having achieved the highest number of century partnerships (26) for the first wicket.
7. Gangulyholds the world record holder for creating most number of 50-run partnerships for the first wicket.
8. He captained India in 49 Test matches and led India to 21 Test wins, both were Indian records until MS Dhonibroke them.
9. His Test average never went below 40.
10. Ganguly holds the record for most 200+ ODI partnerships (6 times) along with Sachin Tendulkar.
11. He holds the record for most first wicket ODI partnerships of 175+ runs (7 times) shared with Sachin Tendulkar.
12. He holds the record for the fifth highest score by an Indian cricketer in an ODI, shared with Mahendra Singh Dhoni.
13. He held the record with Sachin Tendulkar for the highest first wicket partnership in an ODI match, 258, against Kenya in 2001. This record was later bettered in 2006 by the Sri Lankan opening pair of Jayasuriya and Tharanga at Headingley.
14. He was involved in the first 300 run ODI partnership with Rahul Dravid.
15. Ganguly is also holds the record to win four consecutive man-of-the-match awards in ODIs.
16. He is India’s second most successful ODI captain after Mohammed Azharuddin.
17. He was the first Indian to score an ODI century against Australia in Australian soil.
18. He issecond in the list of highest number of centuries in a single calendar year ever (7 centuries in 2000).