In this busy and stressful life, people generally feel that they are sleep deprived. It becomes very essential to have a good sleep at every night so that you are full fresh and active the following day.
In order to have a good night sleep, make a habit to establish a routine. Follow regular sleeping habits as it eliminates the restlessness.
If you try and follow the below listed practices, you will have good night sleep.
Maintain a regular Sleep Cycle
Doing so will make you feel refresh and revived. All you need to do is,
- Wake up daily at the same time
- Set a regular bed timing
- You can also enjoy a short nap; say about 30 minutes in the afternoon.
Make your room complete Dark
Apart from making the room complete dark,
- Keep your bedroom cool and quiet
- While sleeping, keep your mobile phones on silent mode or switch it off.
- Make use of comfortable mattresses and pillows.
- Before going to sleep, you can even calm yourself down by listening to soothing music, taking a bath or reading a book.
Improve the Melatonin Hormone
Melatonin is such a naturally occurring hormone in your body that controls your sleep-wake cycle. The production of this hormone is controlled by light exposure.
- It is advisable if you increase light exposure during the day time. Take a quick sun break in the morning and let enough light into your home or work space.
- Increase the production of the melatonin in the night as well by dimming the lights.
Go back to Sleep
If you wake up in between your sleep, don’t panic just relax and go back to sleep. In case you stay awake or more than 15 minutes try the following tricks,
- Just perform relaxation activities like deep breathing or visualization.
- Try reading a book
- Do not think much, just write down the thoughts or points in a notepad and check them tomorrow morning.
In extreme cases, if you have all these strategies and still can have good sleep, visit a doctor. He might be helpful to guide you and provide medications.