Clean and beautiful feet is a delight to the eyes. When our feet are healthy, we tend to show our friends as a way of increasing our self esteem. But when we have hard and dirty feet, we cover it always with socks and shoes so that people would not see our flaws.
Do you feel too ashamed to remove your shoes in public because of cracks in your heels? While we spend a lot of time caring for our face but our feet are mostly ignored. It is the lack of care and hygiene that causes your heels to crack.
Askiguru brings you best 5 remedies directly from your kitchen to help you attain the perfect heels you have always deserved:
1. Using Banana
Banana contains vitamins A, B6, and C, which makes it a natural skin moisturizer and therefore it helps to maintain the elasticity of the skin and keep it hydrated. Make sure that the banana is ripe. Unripe bananas contain acid which is harsh for the skin of your feet.
1. Mash 2 ripe bananas in a mixer
2. Apply the paste on your feet and keep it for 10 to 15 mins to dry
3. Wash your feet with warm water
4. Repeat this every night before going to bed for atleast 2 weeks or until you desire.
2. Using Honey
Honey has many antiseptic properties it also acts as a great moisturiser. It particularly has the ability to heal and soothe cracked skin, it also gives you an instant result for the same.
1. Add a cup of honey in a bucketful of warm water
2. Dip your feet in that bucket for 20 mins
3. Use a sponge to scrub the skin gently on your feet especially around the crack area
4. Repeat this each night before sleeping at least 2 times a week.
3. Using Baking Soda
Baking soda is an exfoliant. It removes all the dead cells and also has an anti-inflammatory properties.
1. Add 2-3 tablespoons of baking soda in warm water
2. Dip your feet in for about 20 to 30 mins then dry your feet with a clean towel
3. Repeat this procedure regularly or twice a week.
4. Using Aloe Vera Gel
Aloe vera contains vitamins A (beta-carotene), C, and E it also contains essential amino acids that helps to soften the feet. The auxins and gibberellins present in aloe vera helps in wound healing.
1. Dip your feet in warm water and scrub gently using a pumice stone to remove dead skin.
2. Apply a layer of aloe vera gel to your feet
3. Wash with lukewarm water in the morning
4. Repeat this every night for atleast a week and see the results.
5. Using Listerine and vinegar
Listerine contains thymol and alcohol, which help to fight toenail fungus, it cures cracked feet, soothe skin, and treat plantar warts. The mild acids present in vinegar soften dry and dead skin, making it easy to exfoliate.
1. Prepare a mixture of one cup of Listerine, one cup of white vinegar, and 2 cups of water
2. Dip your feet in the mixture for 15 minutes
3.Remove your feet, and scrub them using a pumice stone to remove dead skin
4. Rinse with clean water and let it dry
5. Repeat every day until your heels heal.
Cover image source: https://www.freepik.com/free-photo/woman-cracked-heels-with-white-background-foot-healthy-concept_1198918.htm